Friday, February 29, 2008

you can take the girl out of the trash, but you can't take the trash out of the girl

so I live in a van. yes, I live in a white cargo van, this week and last.
I'm in Sayulita, north of Puerto Vallarta, with an old friend I met in Spain 2 years ago and who just happened to be in Baja when I was there. So we travelled together to the mainland.
The van is actually pretty cool, much bigger than you'd think...if I'd seen more Dr. Who I could make an appropriate reference here.

I have more freckles than I've had since I was 12.
I'm not a very good surfer.
Today went snorkeling for the first time and saw a variety of fish and dolphins and even a humpback whale. We accidentally caught a pelican with a fishhook (that part was not so cool). The pelican survived to see another day.

We'll probably be here till Monday at least, then I might catch a ride a little bit north (Ira is heading home).
Battery is out, more soon.

No comments: